Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Dewey's Readathon April 24, 2021

It's almost time for another Dewey's 24-hour Readathon! This one is extra special because it falls exactly two weeks from when I receive my second Covid vaccine! I have not been going into stores (my stores are great about curbside pickup), so as April 24 is also Independent Bookstore Day I may have to make a quick trip and go INSIDE my local indie to pick up a book or two. YAY!!!! 😀📗📘 I do plan to still wear a mask because of the people who are not yet vaccinated, the variants and because it can't hurt and might help!

ETA 4/21/21 - THE STACK (I alway have 10 books to allow for mood reading):

From the bottom:

The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter Isaacson - I just got this from the library and only have it for 3 weeks, so I'd better get started!
Covid Chronicles: A Comics Anthology edited by Kendra Boileau and Rich Johnson - looks like a timely choice for my graphic selection
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett - been meaning to read this for a while (also have on audio from the library)
Hello Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly - 2018 Newbery winner - I'm a few years behind on these
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - YA - been on the TBR a few years
Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes - getting my travel fix vicariously
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson - one of the oldest books on my TBR and it looks like fun
Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk by Carolyn Keene - I always have a Nancy Drew for when I get sleepy brain fog :)
On Kindle: 
Murder in the Mews by Agatha Christie - tradition to also have an Agatha Christie
Death of a Liar by M.C.Beaton (also on audio) - this light series is great for audiowalking

Whew! Now to plan food and get excited for 6:00 a.m. Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment