Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Bout of Books 31 Updates

 As usual, I'll keep all updates in this one post. The previous BoB the week of January 4th was a tough one, for many reasons. This time around I am fully vaccinated, enjoying lovely spring weather, and just generally feeling more hopeful and upbeat. Also, the hubs is out of town this week (for the first time in well over a year), so I plan on reading up a storm!

I prefer to 'start fresh', but this time I have five books in progress. I'll edit the titles to be in bold as I finish:

Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun
The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter Isaacson
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells (audio)
Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

I hope to finish all these, (except for the poetry book), plus more. 😊

Day 1
The Code Breaker - 45 pgs
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - 58 pgs
Pages read today: 103

Day 2
The Code Breaker - 18 pgs, finished
Leaves of Grass - 21 pgs
Growth of the Soil - 10 pgs
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - 21 pgs
Pages read today: 70

Day 3
Leaves of Grass - 18 pgs
Growth of the Soil - 40 pgs
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - 62 pgs
Pages read today: 120

Day 4
Leaves of Grass - 6 pgs
Growth of the Soil - 46 pgs
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - 46 pgs, finished
Murder in the Mews - 42 pgs (audio)
Pages read today: 140

Day 5
Murder in the Mews - 84 pgs

Day 6
Leaves of Grass - 30 pgs
Growth of the Soil - 85 pgs, finished
Murder in the Mews by Agatha Christie - 54 pgs (audio)
Pages read today: 169

Day 7
Murder in the Mews - 130 pgs, finished (audio)
Leaves of Grass - 10 pgs
Bella Tuscany - 50 pgs
Killing Floor by Lee Child - 50 pgs (audio
Pages read today: 240

Final total: 926 pages

I missed my 1,000-page goal again, but maybe next time! The week ended up busier than I thought it would be. Signing off until Bout of Books 32 or another readathon comes along. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment