Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Dewey's Readathon!

Only 3 days until the Readathon, and I've got my stack all ready to go! It was tough paring it down, but I only allow myself 10 books (ok, I do have 11 this time because I included a picture book) - silly tradition, but hey, it's a tradition! I'm not likely to read more than a few of these, but I'm a mood reader and like to have several to choose from.  There are more graphic novels this time, however, so I might surprise myself.
The bottom 5 books are in honor of the "Most Challenged Books of 2016". I listened to an interview with the authors of "This One Summer" on NPR, and immediately planned to get as many of these books as possible for the Readathon. The Stack:
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn Keene - another tradition is that I have a Nancy Drew for the wee hours when my reading ability takes a dive. These books started me off on a life-long love of mysteries.
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale - I really enjoyed Austenland, and thought this would be fun and light for the RAT.
  • Appointment with Death - yet another tradition to include an Agatha Christie mystery
  • Something New - graphic novel by Lucy Knisley. I've read and liked a couple of others by her.
  • March: Book Three by John Lewis - graphic novel on a serious subject. The first two were great.
  • Y is for Yesterday - AND another tradition to save the latest Sue Grafton alphabet mystery for the RAT
  • These last five are the "challenged" books and they all look great!
    • George by Alex Gino
    • Drama - graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier
    • Looking for Alaska by John Green
    • This One Summer - graphic novel by Jillian Tamaki and Mariko Tamaki
    • I Am Jazz - picture book by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings

1 comment:

  1. You have such a great stack this time around! I've read and loved the Nancy Drew, Midnight in Austenland, anything Christie, This One Summer, and Something New. So much fun stuff this time around, and I hope you like all of the graphic novels. So nice to give your eyes more of a break when they get tired! Okay, off to see your first official post of the day!

    ReplyDelete