Saturday, October 21, 2017

Intro Survey

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Lovely Utah
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Y is for Yesterday 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Popcorn
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love to read (obviously), play the piano, crochet, and watch tennis and college basketball on TV. Roger Federer is my sports hero. 
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I always hope to get more actual reading hours in (without giving up social media time – not sure how to do that!) 

3 comments:

  1. Good morning, RAT buddy! If you can figure out a way to get in more reading hours and still have social media time, please let me know! That would be a wonderful thing. I didn't know you played the piano and crocheted! Color me impressed. :) How long have you been playing? And hooking? :D A friend taught me to crochet in college in the 90s, and it turns out I've been doing it backwards/incorrect ever since! When I worked at the library a librarian came over to my house for a quick lesson to make sure I was doing things right and to show me a few stitches, and it took her a while to figure out what I was doing since it didn't look quite right. Oops! And I've always wanted to play the piano. So envious of your skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me, my much older sister is a piano teacher so I was one of her first students. That's funny about the crocheting! I'm hardly an expert and sometimes have to "wing it" if I get something off. So far, I've only made afghans/blankets but I'd really like to try a hat and scarf for my daughters for Christmas. I'd better get cracking!

      Delete
  2. I just made popcorn for my reading snack! I hope you are having fun on the readathon today. Good luck and good books.

    ReplyDelete