Thursday, October 18, 2018

The RAT Stack

Here is my eclectic stack (I'm a mood reader). Ready to start bright and early (6:00 a.m.) Saturday morning!


Password to Larkspur Lane by Carolyn Keene - My traditional Nancy Drew for the wee hours, when my ability to focus becomes severely impaired
Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie - Also a tradition to have an Agatha Christie
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates - It's short and looks good
We Live in Water by Jess Walter - Short stories to add more variety (If you haven't read Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, read it!)
The Children Act by Ian McEwan - I usually like McEwan's books
At Home by Bill Bryson - Bryson is one of my favorite authors
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers - a nod to the modern "classics"
A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter - In honor of my mother. It was her favorite book, and I've been meaning to read it for years.

I own all but one of these, but have borrowed a few of them in ebook or audio format (again, for variety). It will be nice to make some progress on my ridiculous number of unread books (don't ask).

I meant to get a graphic novel or two, but forgot and don't want to go to the library again. I was hoping to not have ANY conflicts Saturday, but it turns out I have to help with an event for about 3 hours. I also have an opera on Sunday afternoon, so will need to get SOME sleep in order to stay awake in the theater :) Ah well, I'll make the most of whatever time I have. Tomorrow will be "tidying the house and food planning" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment