Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hour 24

It's over!  Another great Read-a-Thon (and I even came back for Hour 24)!

Since last update:

Bleachers - 42 pgs

Final total, pages:  517
Final total, hours:  10hr, 15min

Books read:  V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton - Finished
                    Bleachers by John Grisham  - 72 pages
                   The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene  - 10 pages

I would like to have read more pages and hours, but I'm pretty happy considering I got very little sleep the night before.  I'll do better next time.  Most importantly, I had lots of fun!

End-of Event Meme:
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? That would have to be Hour 20 1/2 to Hour 23 - I slept!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Mysteries work well for me, because they hold my interest. 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? It was cool that we entered the books we read into a Database, but I didn't understand how we could actually see the list.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? It was all good!
  5. How many books did you read? 1 and part of 2 others
  6. What were the names of the books you read?  V is for Vengeance, Bleachers (partial) and The Bungalow Mystery (partial)
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? V is for Vengeance
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  I'm halfway through Bleachers - it's o.k, but I'm not loving it
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Nope
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  VERY likely.  Mostly a reader, but also some cheering.
Would like to give a shout-out to my loyal Read-a-Thon buddies:

Laura @Please Pardon the Interruption
Wendy @Wall-to-Wall Books
Ashley Amanda @Fictionista

It was great fun hanging out with all of you.  See you in April, 2013!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you did a great job, Sherry Ann! WOO HOOOOOO!!! I didn't even wake up to finish it, I just caved and slept.

    Thanks for the shout-out, my dear! It's always a pleasure to read-a-thon along with you. :) Looking forward to April 2013 already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! I am so glad you do this!
    See you in the Spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone loves a good mystery, no matter what age :)

    Good job with your 'thon!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete