Sunday, October 7, 2012

Read-a-Thon Preparation

I'm getting my books ready today, as I'll be busier during the week.  Here's the stack (I'm a fairly slow reader, but like to have a lot of variety to choose from):


I'm noticing a pattern in my RAT book selection (this will be my 5th Read-a-Thon).  If there is a Sue Grafton Alphabet Mystery I haven't read, I add that because I find them engrossing.  I also have a Nancy Drew for the wee hours when it's hard to focus.  In addition, I like to have a book of short stories or essays for short-attention span needs. This time, it's "My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space", a book of essays I chose in honor of just sending my youngest child off to college!  I also have a couple of Newberry Medal winners, as I'm trying to eventually read them all.  And I have several books on my Kindle, if I feel like e-reading for awhile. All pretty easy reading material.  I learned my lesson on my first RAT, when my stack included "War and Peace"!

Good luck, everyone.  Stop by and say hi!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have quite the stack! Glad to have you joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete