Sunday, October 16, 2016

Readathon Stack!

OK, pretty sure I've finalized the stack. I think I have the most varied selection I've ever had in a RAT:


X by Sue Grafton - I actually had this in my stack for last October's RAT, but didn't get to it (and still haven't, obviously). I've read this whole series, and plan to start with this book at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday!
The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson - I love Bill Bryson, and his latest will inject some humor into the day.
Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie - It's tradition to have an Agatha Christie mystery in my stack and for the first time in an October RAT, I have a little nod to Halloween.
French Milk by Lucy Knisley - A graphic novel to mix it up.
Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt - A Newbery winner for my ongoing project to read them all
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - Another Newbery winner and another nod to Halloween!
The Clue in the Diary - Traditional Nancy Drew for the wee hours
How to Meditate by Pema Chodron - Looks really interesting, and...Variety is the spice of Readathon!
Gratitude by Oliver Sacks - I revere Oliver Sacks and look forward to this inspirational little book
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff - This has been on my TBR list forever, and it's less than 100 pages, so....perfect!

There is NO way I'll come close to finishing all these, but the others will get finished in the next few weeks. I always try to finish up whatever I'm reading before Readathon so I can focus on books in my stack on THE day and immediately afterwards.

Stop by and say hi and I'll visit you on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry Ann!

    I love your stack! Lots of great options, and lots of variety. Your Halloween options are wonderful too. I hadn't thought of The Graveyard Book, though it's so perfect it's kind of crazy.

    How has the rest of your prep been coming along? I'm so excited to be reading with you again. :)

    Sleep well tonight, and I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete