Saturday, October 12, 2013

Best of Your Reading Year Mini-Challenge

I've read a lot of great books this year, but I'll just pick 3 categories from the mini-challenge:

Best Fiction:  Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter - This book had it all - great characters, fascinating story-line, drama, humor, etc.  I can't wait to read more by this author.

Best Non-Fiction:  Outcasts United by Warren St. John - Fascinating book about a youth soccer team in Georgia made up of refugees.

Best author:  Alexander McCall Smith - A prolific author who never disappoints me when I'm in the mood for a kind, gentle read.

2 comments:

  1. Hey buddy! Thanks for the shout-out - you got one too over at my place! You're doing SO WELL, and you haven't really hit your Grafton book yet!!!!

    I've heard so many good things about Beautiful Ruins that I know I'll have to pick it up sooner than later. I've heard his other stuff is really good too!

    How are you holding up? I'm sleepy, but not enough that it's a distraction so far. I know that time is coming. ;) See you in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still going strong? I hope so :)

    Here's a quote to keep you going!

    “Everything in the world exists in order to end up as a book.”
    ― Stéphane Mallarmé

    ReplyDelete