Friday, October 11, 2013

RAT Book Stack

Finally got my stack together for tomorrow.  And here it is!

W is For Wasted by Sue Grafton - It's kind of a tradition for me that if Grafton has a new book out, I read it during the RAT.  The only issue with this one, though, is that it's almost 500 pages.  I may start with something shorter.  I agree with NPR when they said of this series, "It makes me wish there were more than 26 letters in the alphabet!"
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple - A friend told me this was funny.
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - Don't know much about this one, but it looks fun.
My Nest isn't Empty, I Just Have More Closet Space by Lisa Scottoline - Short essays - in honor of my daughter away at college.
Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski and Holes by Louis Sachar - 2 Newbery winners (I'm on a quest to read them all) for something lighter.
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - Y.A fiction.  A friend recently told me she missed a day of school in junior high to finish this book, so I thought it was time for a reread.
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - Am about halfway through the audiobook, so will listen to this (it's good!) while walking the dog or giving my eyes a rest.
And finally, a couple of mysteries because they always keep me engrossed:
Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris
The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie

I'll be lucky to finish 2 books, but I like having lots to choose from (I'm also a "mood" reader).

Must think about food now.  Hope to be back later for a little pre-event cheering.  And I'm determined to get to bed early (something that normally doesn't happen for me) since my start time is 6:00 a.m.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry Ann! It was so good to hear from you!
    Once again I will not be able to do it. I am actually away on vacation. And I don't think I would be able to stay awake with this cold anyway.
    Good luck and I will try to check in with you sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books once again! I just finished Holes a few weeks ago and liked it a lot more than I expected. Sue Grafton's series is one that I've been wanting to start really since it started - my Mom reads and enjoys them, so they've been on my long list for decades. I'm pretty sure that if my library had the first book (it's always checked out) on the shelves that I would've already gotten started. And Wilkie Collins and Agatha Christie are two more of my favorite authors! Such great choices!!!!!

    What do you think of the Charlaine Harris series you're reading? I'm just starting on the Sookie series and liking it, but I wonder what the rest of her stuff is like.

    Okay, off for some coffee brewing and then to get started! Enjoy the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like Charlaine Harris' Aurora Teagarden and Lily Bard series better than Sookie Stackhouse. I don't think she's adding any more books to them, though. I wonder if she'll start a new series...

      Delete