Hour 6 Mini-Challenge: 10 Great Things About Readathon
1. Dropping everything (housework, laundry, answering email) for 24 hours!
2. Reading a book I've been saving for the RAT (this time it's 'X' by Sue Grafton)
3. Preparing food the day before, so no cooking
5. Peanut M&M's!
6. Sending my daughters Snapchats of the books I'm reading
7. Drinking lots of tea
8. Anticipating the event for weeks ahead of time
9. Cheering and hoping I'm giving someone a little RAT "lift"
10. Interacting with the online book community
Hour 8 Mini-Challenge : Armchair Traveling
My choice would be the Provence region of France from “A Year in
Provence” by Peter Mayle. I love everything about this area – it’s
beautiful and the villages are incredibly charming.
Hour 9 Mini-Challenge: Book Scavenger Hunt
From The Martian by Andy Weir
1. Hard - Rocket ship
2. Fast - "You'd be amazed at how fast you
can get going with a tiny acceleration over a long time" (referring to a
little argon and a nuclear reactor to power things)
3. Sweet - "My
family will be gathering in Chicago for the usual feast...I'd give
anything just to let them know I'm still alive."
4. High - Mars orbit
Funny - "For tonight, I have to get back to 'Three's Company'. I
stopped last night in the middle of the episode where Mr. Roper saw
something and took it out of context".