Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The RAT stack!

Here is my usual stack of ten. I have my little RAT traditions and choosing ten books is one of them (even though I won't come close to reading them all).  It's a good number for including lots of variety, and should cover every mood and level of fatigue (I hope).


1. X by Sue Grafton - I have read all others in this series, and another tradition is that when a new Grafton comes out I read it during the RAT.
2.  Ford County by John Grisham - short stories
3.  The Martian by Andy Weir -  recommended and looks interesting
4.  March:  Book Two by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell -  I recently enjoyed Book One, so am ready read the next one.  For the first time, I have added 3 graphic novels to my stack for even more variety (books 4, 5, and 6).
5.  An Age of License by Lucy Knisley
6.  Relish by Lucy Knisley
7.  The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare - Books 7 and 8 are Newbery Medal winners (I'm working on a project to read them all)
8.  Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson
9.  The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene - Another RAT tradition: Nancy Drew for the wee hours!
10.  Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie (not pictured because it's on my Kindle)  What mystery lover doesn't adore Agatha Christie?!

I also have the two Newbery winners and the Nancy Drew on audio for when I walk the dog or just need to rest my eyes.  Looking forward to checking out what everyone else is reading!  I suspect there will be others reading The Martian.

2 comments:

  1. Great stack! Great variety.


    Since you are participating in the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon tomorrow, we would like to invite you as our group is reading for a cause this time around. We created a campaign that will run all 24 hours tomorrow, wherein readers can donate as little or as much as they want, to benefit PencilswithPromise.org. 100% of the funds go directly to them. Here is the link to our campaign:
    https://fundraise.pencilsofpromise.org/fundraise/team?ftid=61000

    Of course, to make it even more fun for the readers, we have a few "perks" and giveaways for our donors, thanks to our sponsors like Out of Print! Any amt will be greatly appreciated, but if you can't, your support is still important to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Sherry Ann! I love your stack this time. And I'm glad to see your usual Grafton, Nancy Drew, and Newbery books too! I hope you got some good sleep last night so you're ready to go today. So far, personally, I'm very thankful for coffee. ;)
    I've already read and enjoyed both Lucy Knisley books, and The Martian. Once you get used to the science-y shorthand, it really flies by!
    I'll be back later on to check on you again! Read, Sherry, Read!!!!!

    ReplyDelete