Here is my usual stack of ten. I have my little RAT traditions and choosing ten books is one of them (even though I won't come close to reading them all). It's a good number for including lots of variety, and should cover every mood and level of fatigue (I hope).
1. X by Sue Grafton - I have read all others in this series, and another tradition is that when a new Grafton comes out I read it during the RAT.
2. Ford County by John Grisham - short stories
3. The Martian by Andy Weir - recommended and looks interesting
4. March: Book Two by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell - I recently enjoyed Book One, so am ready read the next one. For the first time, I have added 3 graphic novels to my stack for even more variety (books 4, 5, and 6).
5. An Age of License by Lucy Knisley
6. Relish by Lucy Knisley
7. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare - Books 7 and 8 are Newbery Medal winners (I'm working on a project to read them all)
8. Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson
9. The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene - Another RAT tradition: Nancy Drew for the wee hours!
10. Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie (not pictured because it's on my Kindle) What mystery lover doesn't adore Agatha Christie?!
I also have the two Newbery winners and the Nancy Drew on audio for when I walk the dog or just need to rest my eyes. Looking forward to checking out what everyone else is reading! I suspect there will be others reading The Martian.