Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hours 13 and 14

Aarrgh!  My laptop decided it didn't want to charge any more.  Luckily, hubby has an extra one that should see me through the night (she said, hopefully, planning for many more happy reading hours!)  I've been fiddling around with the darn thing, so haven't gotten much done the last few hours.

Since last update:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 43 pages, Finished

Running total, pages:  526
Running total, hours:  8hrs

Now going to start Beautiful Ruins.

I just entered the Turn the Page mini-challenge and wanted to duplicate my silly entry here (there are some really funny lines - I recommend you go to Reflections of a Bookaholic's blog and check them out, even if you don't enter the mini-challenge).  You had to insert a phrase from page 32 of your current book to complete the sentence, "I'd rather read than ________ any day!"  My entry:

I would rather read than walk into Fox and sell a movie about a restaurant that serves baked monkey balls any day! 

From Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's a great mini-challenge sentence! Bummer about your laptop and thank goodness there was another one nearby to substitute. How are you holding up? Are you still awake? It sounds like Beautiful Ruins will be funny enough to keep you going til the wee hours of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like The Perks of Being a Wallflower?

    ReplyDelete