Monday, April 22, 2013

Read-a-Thon book list

I've got my books ready for Saturday (the anticipation and preparation is almost as fun as the real thing!)
Here they are:
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
My Nest isn't Empty, it Just Has More Closet Space by Lisa Scottoline
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
McCarthy's Bar by Pete McCarthy
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
     and not pictured because they're on my Kindle:
Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie (I'm also borrowing this on audio to give my eyes a rest)
Well-Schooled in Murder by Elizabeth George
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

I'll be lucky to read 2 of these completely, but I like to have a wide variety as I'm a mood reader.  My stack includes a book of short essays, 4 YA books, and a couple of mysteries - all should hold my interest but not require TOO much concentration (for when the eyes get bleary and the brain gets foggy!)  Hmmm...now to plan food.  I guess I can think about that tomorrow...


3 comments:

  1. I recently read "My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space" by Lisa Scottoline. When I finished it, I wished that I had saved it for the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice list of books, Sherry Ann! It looks like a great mix of genres too, so you don't get bored. And, having a bit of a break to rest those peepers is a very smart thing too! Can't wait to get started tomorrow morning!!! Sleep well tonight, and I'll see you in less than 12 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok finally catching up with you!
    Looks like a great list!
    I've been wanting to read "The Fault in Our Stars" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
    Looks like you have some good simple quick books!

    ReplyDelete