Tuesday, October 11, 2011

R-A-T books!!



I've finally picked my stack. Had a hard time narrowing it down, so I've got 15! I'm a slow reader, but at least I'll have lots to choose from. Here's the list:

Shakespeare's Christmas by Charlaine Harris
Dead Over Heels by Charlaine Harris
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
Bossypants by Tina Fey
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
U is For Undertow by Sue Grafton
The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene
Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie
Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris
The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Dark Frigate by Charles Boardman Hawes
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I may have to add a few others if I don't finish what I'm currently reading by then. Nothing too heavy here, with plenty of mysteries to hold my attention. Probably the "heaviest" one because of the old-fashioned language, is The Dark Frigate, which is part of my quest to Read the Newberry Medal Winners. Eleven more days! Can't wait to give myself permission to read for a whole 24 hours! WOO-HOO!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry Ann! I'm just getting ready to post my pre-RAT pictures - I have waaaay too many books to choose from (once again) but I'm glad to have a lot of options. By the time it gets to 3 or 4 a.m. I have a very hard time focusing. Can't wait to see your reading progress, and I can hardly wait until Saturday! See you then!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry ann!!!! I am sooo ready for this!
    Looks like you've got some fun books there!
    I read - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, that would be a good one, pretty fast read and funny. Prob. Anne of Green Gables, and Coraline would be fast reads too. The ones by Charlaine Harris will be fun pick me ups! I am not really into her books but I can see where if you like her, they would be fun! I tried to pick the funnest (is that a word? Well I am officially making it a word just for the RAT) books possible. I want books I couldn't possibly fall asleep during!
    What kinds of snack are you getting?
    Talk to you tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete